NFT or Non-Fungible Token is the next evolution of the crypto and metaverse, but many people are afraid to invest in NFTs as it has a significant risk and costs you to create and mint NFT. Today, we describe how to create and mint NFT for free without paying any gas fee.
If you are a beginner or a newbie to the NFT market, you must know that NFTs are not all about selling pictures. NFT can be anything like music, a virtual asset like a game character or land, a piece of art, a domain name, a physical product or a utility.
You can see the categories listed on Opensea that they allow you to sell on their platform.
More infor from ETH
How to create NFT for free?
First of all, you must decide the possibilities to make NFTs from the above choices I have mentioned. It can be art, music etc. So after making the decision, you can start making them. If you have decided to make an NFT art collection, you can draw art using software like photoshop for free. Don’t worry about the lack of skills in drawing if you have tons of offers behind the collection. We call it a “Back Project”, which means the benefits get by the NFT buyer or owner.
For example, if you are a seller, you can make an NFT collection for your shop and give discounts to all the NFT owners. Making a collection for offering discounts is beneficial as owners can flip them on the NFT marketplace.
Creating something people are willing to buy is not easy but always possible. Hence, creating a wonderful collection with a powerful back project will always succeed.
So that’s how you can create NFT for free but still wondering how to make a creative collection, don’t hesitate to hire a cheap freelancer.
How to Mint NFT for Free?
NFT minting means allowing the buyers to purchase your NFT and flip it on the market. Minting None Fungible Token(NFT) is a bit complex process, but marketplaces have made it easier. For that reason, marketplaces charge a gas fee from you to mint NFTs on their platforms.
Is the gas fee essential for minting NFT?
The gas fee is the energy cost for validating each transaction because the process requires significant computing power.
There are two ways to avoid the gas fee and mint your NFT free on the marketplaces like Opensea, and Rarible.
1. Lazy Minting
The first and most popular way to mint your NFT free is “Lazy Minting”. Undoubtedly, this will be the best alternative for creators to mint their NFT for free.
In lazy minting, creators don’t have to pay the gas fee upfront when minting their NFTs, but it has not been minted successfully as the NFT is “off-chain”, which means it’s not hosted in the blockchain yet. Hence, the gas fee will be cut off when the NFT is purchased and transferred. After that transaction, the NFT will be “On-chain”, which means it lives in the blockchain.
How to mint NFT using Lazy Minting
There are several NFT market platforms, but Opensea and Rarible are the most popular today. So here we have explained step by step how to mint your NFT for free on both platforms using Lazing Minting.
Lazy Minting on Opensea
- Visit Opnesea.io and click the wallet icon at the top right corner. The dropdown menu will show you to connect the wallet.
2. Connect any wallet that you are already using.
3. Go to your profile and click on the create tab on the top.
4. After clicking, you will see the NFT listing panel, where you can upload your NFT. So upload the NFT file and give a name with a collection name. At the bottom, choose the ETH network and click on create button.
5. All done! Your NFT is now listed, but it’s not minted yet. Until a buyer purchase the NFT, it will be “Off-chain”. However, you don’t have to pay any fee in this process.
Lazy Minting on Rarible
1. In Rarible, the process is almost the same. First, visit Rarible.com and connect your wallet
2. Click “Create” and fill in all the information that requires to list your NFT
3. Choose the Free Minting option
4. Click “create item” and sign free authorizations with your wallet
5. Vallah! You are all done
Once the first purchase happens, your NFT will be minted to your wallet and transferred automatically to the new owner. It’s as easy as that!
2. Mint on Polygon Blockchain
Another best way to mint your NFT for free is using the Polygon blockchain to mint your NFT. Polygon is built on Ethereum, so you don’t have to install another wallet.
Polygon has two main tokens called MATIC and WETH(Wrapped ETH). MATIC is the native token of the Polygon, and WETH works the same like ETH with the same price.
However, when it comes to minting in Polygon network. You can choose only the Opensea to mint in Polygon without paying the gas fee.
Minting NFT in Polygon on Opensea
1. This process also is the same. Visit Opensea.io and connect your wallet.
2. Make sure you have selected Polygon on your Metamask or any other wallet you connected
3. Click the “create” button as usual and make sure to choose the network as Polygon at this time.
4. Now, you can mint your NFT for free by clicking the blue create button.