Buying several million dollar jets for your own personal usage is the thing that every man living in this world dreams of. But due to the steep price of the private jet, it becomes too much difficult even for multi-millionaires as well as the man who has a net worth of less than 1.25 billion US dollars. According to the latest report of 2021, a man who has assets of more than 2 billion US dollars can barely afford to buy and maintain his private jet.
But there are some billionaires such as Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Richard Branson, in the world who can easily afford the number of private jets for their business flights as well as for their personal trips.
But maintaining such huge air crafts is not easy as it sounds. The cost of maintenance will depend on the size of the private jet or aircraft. According to BankRate.com, typically it cost $500,000 to $4 million per year.
Reading about those astonishing billionaires who live according to their wishes is such an amazing thing that boost the motivation of average peoples so that they can also enjoy the lifestyles of those amazing people. That is the reason we are going to take you into the world of the top 10 billionaires who own private jets.
1. Jeff Bezos | Gulfstream G650ER
Jeff Bezos is one of the top 3 richest people in the world and thus has a huge amount of money to live a luxurious life. He is currently using one of the most expensive long-haul private jets named Gulfstream G650ER, which is worths more than 75 million US dollars. Jeff bought this amazing jet in 2015 by replacing his old Dassault Falcon 900EX.
Features of Gulfstream G650ER
- A luxury interior design that includes two main portions, A working area that can also be used as a rest area and a kitchen.
- This jet has 16 oval windows, which fill the cabin with natural light.
- The floor of this jet is made of wood, and the sofas are made from pure leather.
2. Bill Gates | Bombardier Global Express
Bill Gates, also known as the CEO of the world of technology, has a total net worth of 137.9 billion US dollars. Due to this big amount of assets, he has four private jets, which he uses for his different business flights as well as for his personal trips. The most expensive jet which he owns is named Bombardier Global Express. Moreover, he also has Gulfstream G650, which he rarely uses for his personal trips.
Features of Bombardier Global Express
- It consists of 16 seats which are divided into two wide cabins
- It also has a restroom where anyone can sleep easily
- This amazing jet provides Top quality performance.
3. Elon Musk | Gulfstream G650ER
Elon Musk is another crazy billionaire who owns several private jets. Just like Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk also owned Gulfstream G650ER, which he bought in 2016. Gulfstream G650ER is also known as Rolls Royce of planes because of its luxury and astonishing design. Moreover, Elon Musk also has many other jets which majorly includes Gulfstream G550.
4. Donald Trump | Boeing 757
Trump has a total net worth of more than 2.5 billion US dollars. Recently he bought Boeing 757 for 100 million US dollars for his business flights only. The reason why he uses this astonishing plane only for business purposes is the gold-plated wall of the restroom as well as the bathroom. Moreover, Trump has spent more than 10 million US dollars on the customization of the whole plane.
Features of Boeing 757
- This jet consists of forty-three seats divided into various portions.
- The windows, bedroom, and bathroom are lined with 24 karat gold.
- This jet has a speed of 1044 km/hr.
5. Richard Branson | Dassault Falcon 50 EX
One of the billionaires and business magnets, sir Richard Branson owns a private jet called Dassault Falcon 50EX which costs $6.05 million. It’s not too expensive for Branson due to his net worth of 4 billion US dollars. He uses the jet to fly his private island in the British Virgin Islands with his family. Also, he had a Falcon 900 EX previously but he decided to use a small plane for his tours in Necker Island. Other than that, he is the founder of the Virgin group so he uses Virgin Atlantic flight(Commercial airline company) service for his business purposes.
Features of Dassault Falcon 50EX
- Dassault Falcon 50 is a French super-midsize, long-range business jet.
- It has a top speed of 915 km/h
- Can carry 8-9 passengers
- Also, the jet consists of trijet layout with an S-duct air intake for the central engine.
6. Sergey Brin and Larry Page | Gulfstream G650ER
Google cofounders Sergey Brin and Larry Page own a number of business planes due to their career and wealth. Each has more than $50 billion dollar net worth and they co-owned a Boeing 767-200 commercial airliner together. But In 2019 a brand new Gulfstream G650ER has delivered for their business flights which cost around $70 million. We can slightly see that one of the most popular private jets among billionaires is Gulfstream.
Also, they have offered to sell the Boeing 767-200 for $200 million because they spent an extra $10 million to modify and redesign the interior to convert it into a private jet that can carry 50 passengers. Furthermore, Google has their own private airport, near San Jose with a fleet of planes and jets which includes two Gulfstream Vs, a Boeing 757, and a Dassault/Dornier Alpha Jet fighter plane.
7. Mukesh Ambani | Boeing Business Jet 2
Mukesh Ambani is another proud billionaire who owns a Boeing Business jet with a number of luxury features. The aircraft has cost $73 million and it isn’t the only private jet he owns. His fleet also includes a Falcon 900EX jet and an Airbus 319, according to Business Insider. Due to his net worth of 94.9 billion USD, it’s not as difficult to afford such a fleet of private jets as it seems.
Features of Boeing Business Jet 2
- Powered by two General Electric/Snecma FM56-7 engines
- increased cabin volume and cargo volume
- Ability to fly 7,000 nautical miles
- Maximum passengers 50
8. Alisher Usmanov | Airbus A340-300
Alisher Usmanov has a total net worth of 17.7 billion US dollars. Currently, he has an amazing plane named Airbus A340-300, which he bought for more than 400 million US dollars. This luxury plane flies at a speed of 915 km/hr. This jet stands on the list of most expensive private jets in the world.
Features of Airbus A340-300
- This exciting plan consists of several portions like bedroom, bathroom, and sitting areas.
- The chairs are made of luxury leather.
9. Joseph Lau | Boeing 747-8 VIP
Joseph Lau has an amazing net worth of more than 13.5 Billion US dollars. With the money which he collected from his Real State business in Hong Kong, he bought various luxury things like million dollar private jets, expensive cars, and mansions. His private jet is named Boeing 747-8 VIP, which is worth’s more than 367 million US dollars.
Features of Boeing 747-8 VIP
- This jet consists of various cabins, which include an office room as well as a gym.
- The roof of this plane is designed with a beautiful ceiling which increases the charm of cabins.
10. Roman Abramovich | Boeing 767
Roman Abramovich, the owner of Chelsea Football Club, has a private jet named Boeing 767, which is worth more than 170 million US dollars. Abramovich uses this jet for the transport of his team and thus gives his team honour in this way.
Features of Boeing 767
- This jet has a restroom area, kitchen, and a working area.
- The walls of the restroom area are lined with Gold.
- The biggest feature of this extraordinary jet is that it can provide all the luxuries of great mansions.
11. Mark Cuban | Gulfstream V
Mark Cuban, an American businessman, has a total net worth of $4.5 billion. He bought this amazing Gulfstream V luxury jet for 36 million US dollars. Besides, Mark Cuban also has two other jets of Boeing company.
Features of Gulfstream V
- Mark customizes his jet in such a way that it has a special room for meetings and a medical treatment room.
- This jet moves at a speed of 950km/hr.
12. Sultan of Brunei | Boeing 747-430
Sultan of Brunei has a total net worth of more than $20 billion. Currently, he has an amazing luxury private jet named Boeing 747-430, which values more than $223 million. This jet consists of all the luxuries which a sultan can easily enjoy in his mansion.
Features of Boeing 747-43
- This astonishing jet gives a look of a 5-star hotel.
- The interior is designed with 24 karat gold.
- This jet runs at a speed of 988 km/hr.
13. Saudi Prince AL-Waleed bin Talal | Airbus A380 Custom
Al-Waleed bin Talal, the great Saudi Prince, has a net worth of $17.4 billion who mostly lives in his flying palace named Airbus A380. This astonishing private jet has a worth of more than $400 million.
Features of Airbus A380
- This exciting jet consists of all the luxuries of a real palace which includes garages for cars and spaces for horses.
- It can fly at a speed of 1050.87 km/hr.
- It has an area of 550 square feet which is enough to carry all the members of an average Arab family.
Who owns a private jet is a common question asked by the majority of people who love to know about the life of top billionaires. However, all those billionaires have a good amount of wealth to afford those private jets and aircraft as per their wish. But dreaming or targeting such a big thing is a little unnatural when we talk about billionaires habits. Furthermore, there are so many billionaires who own private jets for a variety of purposes and most of them are good entrepreneurs who came through a lot of risks.