Marketing is not as easy as it seems because effective marketing needs a proper setup of creative demands, channel decisions, strategies and budget limits. The most necessary thing that needs to be understood is the relevant audience. If you can’t target your right audience, your marketing promotions can never grow; they fail!
No matter how knowledgeable you are about marketing, there are two main things you need to know when entering the marketing industry.
They are in order:
- B2B(Business to Business)
- B2C(Business to customers)
As far as B2B and B2C marketing are concerned, one should explore these two types of marketing to get it right. So, let’s have a look at the fundamental differences that these two marketing consists of.
What are B2B marketing and B2C marketing?
B2B and B2C both are very important for businesses that provide their services or products for other companies and customers. Marketing is the hardest and complex part when it comes to targeting the right audience. In that case, we have simplified it to 2 different ways so let’s see what are the difference between B2B and B2C.
B2B Marketing (Business-to-Business Marketing)
B2B marketing is defined as business-to-business marketing refers to business marketing with other businesses or organizations. A company that sells its services or products to any other organization or company chooses a B2B type marketing strategy and considers it more informational and straightforward. Most companies prefer B2B sales as it is a more effective strategy for better business promotions and profits. Any company chooses something that increases their sales and profits, so if B2B is profiting, then why not?
But this strategy is a little harder to handle because your audience is a business audience. So they will have to know deeply about your service or product. In B2B marketing you should have to focus on business owners, so how to do that? Simply you can provide these things to reach your right audience;
- Product/Service quality
- Demand in the market
In business to business marketing, you have to think logically and financially. So that’s the main point that makes it different from B2C marketing.
Quick examples of B2B Marketing
- HubSpot is one of the practical examples to quote for B2B marketing as other businesses are its consumers, not the customers- in person.
- Another best example that comes to mind is automobile manufacturing when it comes to B2B marketing. Because whatever model they product of truck or car has much other company’s products.
- Another example, the Raise the bar newsletter, is a newsletter from Mattermark that highlights insights from leaders in sales, growth engineering, and marketing. Mattermark takes time to instruct its subscribers without conspicuous merchandising to them, thus, it is one such good example of b2b marketing.
- You can also have a look at the LeadPage that produces blogs, webinars, and many other content resources and hit around $16 million in profits. Its rapid success shows the pros of B2B marketing.
B2C Marketing (Business-to-Customer Marketing)
B2C marketing states as business to customer marketing refers to the set of practices, strategies, and tactics. As we discussed earlier, this marketing method is easy than B2B. In B2C marketing, a company uses promotions to sell its products to individual people. It is entirely different from b2b from the sales-purchase process to cost.
However, In B2C marketing, your audience is normal customers and they required a way different things than the business owners. Consequently, you have to reach them by providing these things;
- Emotional feelings
- Product or service benefits
- Reasons to stand out
You have to understand the relationship between consumers and Business:
Business is about solving problems that keep profits. So you need to talk about how your product or service solves their problems more than other products or services. Giving value to your product or service is more important than marketing a poor product or service.
Quick examples of B2C Marketing
- TV for consumer products and directly talk to the buyers. How fascinating those commercials feel that a buyer quickly wants to try whatever our TV shows.
- Some of the e-commerce sites helpful when it comes to b2c marketing, such as Zappos (which sells apparel and shoes online).
- When it comes to the gaming industry, they also follow the B2C marketing strategy to target their gamers. Gamers are customers in here.
B2B or B2C for businesses?
B2B is considered as more easy marketing as it can help you build connections and relationships with other businesses, and you don’t even need many customers to make money in b2b marketing. Whereas b2c needs so many customers to reach a specific amount of profit from overall business. Yet some people prefer b2c, but b2b is more productive and works more efficiently when following all the best-suited strategies for your products or services marketing.
In summary, this shows that marketing is divided into two main parts. They are B2B Marketing and B2C Marketing. As we discussed B2B is Business to Business Marketing, B2C is Business to Customers Marketing. However, there are a lot of things that you should know about in marketing so we have explained more about the Difference between B2B and B2C Marketing with examples. So let us know what is your marketing method and how it affects your business.